Getting Comments on Your Blog: 7 Ways to Do It
Maintaining a blog can be hard work. If you have a blog and you want to get comments from what you are posting, it can be a struggle. Sometimes, people just don’t comment on what you write. It might seems like somewhat of an insult, but people normally comment on things that really get them going. If a blog provides a reaction such as. “Eh”, you aren’t doing your job right. If you want to get people to comment, you have to write articles that are engaging and will get the reader going. If you want to get more comments on your blog, here is how to do it.
1. Add a top commentators widget. There are many blogs that have added this that have shown an increase in commenting. People want to be the best, and they will comment more to be able to get to the coveted spots.
2. Reply to comments. If people are commenting on what you are posting, make sure that you comment on their comment. Especially if a blogger asks a question, make sure that you respond to the question quickly.
3. Have contests. If you have contests, have the people that want to enter, comment on the post. This is a great idea to get some quick comments on your blog.
4. Write content that people will want to respond to. Ask questions to your audience. Write a controversial topic. This will prompt people to do more than just read your blog.
5. Let people know that they are welcome to comment. Ask for comments. Tell people that you want comments. This will motivate readers to write something.
6. Comment on other blogs. Make sure that you are commenting on other blogs. This will motivate other bloggers to leave comments on your blog.
7. Comments notification email. This makes it easier for commentators to leave comments. They will be able to leave links, which a lot of commentators will want to do. You can also set it to email the commentator on when there are more comments on the blog.
Getting comments on a blog can be hard work. If you are writing great content, you will be able to get a lot of comments. It just takes a little bit of time to get great comments. Don’t give up though. Just start commenting on other posts, and writing engaging posts, and you will get the comments that you want!