Best Web-Based Bookkeeping Tools For Mum Bloggers
Mums have turned to the Internet to make a living. As a mum blogger, one can work from home, bond with their child, and cut down on childcare expenses all at the same time. But when you are a blogger, bookkeeping becomes extremely important. After all, you are considered an entrepreneur and entrepreneurs are required to file their taxes just like employees are. Your first year as a blogger may be difficult if you are not utilizing some of the powerful small business web-based bookkeeping tools that are available for use. If you are not sure which web-based tools are the best for entrepreneurs, read on and select one of the following tools to make the next tax year easier.
The Top Accounting and Bookkeeping Tools to Keep Your Books Up-to-date
KashFlow is a web-based accounting software that is available for freelancers and small business owners in the UK. This tool offers a number of different features that will help you cut down on the time you spend accounting so that you can spend time with the family or blog. Some of the unique features include:
- Automated tasks for payment
- Automated bill collections
- Automated bill recording
- Integration with Paypal and CRM systems to reduce data entry
- Customisation settings
Outright is one of the few quality web-based tools that is free to use. It was created by some of the original employees of Quicken Books and is a leader in online bookkeeping tools. Here are some of the features that Outright offers you as your own small business owner:
- Automated sales and expense reporting by linking to your Paypal, bank, credit card, and other accounts
- Automated bookkeeping tasks that can be tedious and time-consuming
- Print tax forms directly from the tool at tax time
- A mobile app to record expenses on-the-go
The entire purpose of finding a web-based bookkeeping tool is to do less accounting while you are in your home office. The entire premise behind LessAccounting is to reduce the time you spend on your books by as much as 80 percent. Here are some of the features of this tool:
- Record business expenses
- Send invoices and manage payments from customers
- Categorise your expenses for tax purposes
- Upload receipts for expenses for easy storage
- Create business proposals for clients
- Track mileage that will be written off for business trips
- Download 3rd party bookkeeping apps that can be integrated with LessAccounting
Your bookkeeping does not have to be difficult. When you are spending time collecting receipts, entering data, and typing invoices, you are taking away from your business and your family. As a blogging mum, learning how to be more efficient with your time management is extremely important. You will learn when to blog, when to entertain the children, and when to do all of the housework as you get used to your new schedule. To make the process easier, start bookkeeping with web-based tools early and you will not stay up all night right before tax time.
Written by Wayne Boyd
Wayne is a casual writer and a professional accounting specialising in money saving tips and small business advice. Wayne truly believes establishing a positive relationship with a reliable and repeatable accountant such as Kelly+Partners is the first step to financial successes for businesses.
Image Credit: 1.