5 Twitter Tips for Outstanding Mompreneurs
The average mom has a lot on her plate. But the newest incarnation of the Mompreneur has even more, running her own business in addition to all of the usual duties a mother is sworn complete, from kissing scraped knees to making sure the kids get their homework done.
So how do they do it without going completely crazy, or at least burning out? Doubtlessly, it is a delicate balancing act, and one that is far from simple.
If you are one of these mommy entrepreneurs or you are just thinking of becoming one, you might be hoping for some advice on keeping it all afloat.
It doesn’t have to be a major crisis, and with the right tips you can have it all and more, without losing your mind. When asked, most said that utilizing the far reaching power of Twitter was a big step in the right direction.
Here are five ways that you can best take advantage of Twitter for your small business.
- Provide regular updates, so your followers always know what is going on. Try not to go too long without writing a status message, even if it isn’t every day. A few times a week is usually a good speed.
- Provide special incentives for those who subscribe to your feed, such as discounts and freebies. Make them feel appreciated.
- Create a real repertoire between yourself and your potential customers. Interaction and an actual personal knowledge built between you and your clients can solidify existing business relationships, or help you to form new ones. This includes reading and responding to their stream.
- Nurture mutual relationships and take advantage of connections. Pay attention to other followers of your customers, to see if they may be interested in your service or product. Offer incentives for people who recommend you, such as a referral reward. Watch follower streams to see if anything is mentioned in their comments that might relate to you.
- Use the search option to find others involved in your niche. This is a great way to network to other businesses, where you might be able to form a business arrangement for backlinks or advertising/marketing promotions.
Quick tips about Twitter search!
Here are a few tips from my other post listing cool tricks with Twitter search:
- Search Twitter by emotions: use smilies and to filter Tweets that contain them (and thus find negative / positive feedback on anything);
- Find tweets containing questions. For example, discover interesting discussions related to any deals, coupon codes or sales you were going to share on your blog;
- Exclude links: see only *real* conversation: add -filter:links operator to your search.
from → Blogging Moms